--Land of The Turks--
With refence to my last entry entitled CIVILIZED, sorry to say that there are some corrections that I want to add regarding the Land of The Turks which was was refering to the independent nation of Turkey itself.
As the matter of fact, The Land of The Turks however is the literal meaning of Turkestan ( ترکستان)
or Turkistan (in Persian). It is a region in Central Asia which nowadays is largely inhibited by Turkic people that consists of Oghuz Turks (a.k.a Turkmens), Uzbeks, Kazakhs, Khazars, Kyrgyz, and Uygurz that have spread further into Eurasia forming several Turkic nations such as Turkey, Azerbaijan, and Tatarstan.
Apropos to the subject discussed, I'd love to share you my new favourite Turkish author, EMINE SYENIKOGLU who'd wrote several novels (translated by 'i forgot wut his name is')which I've already read for almost a fortnight ago, Maria, and Weil China. Unforunately saying, I believe it's quite hard to find her novels as the publisher is not as famous as Alaf 21, or any other publisher known, as the translator was an Al-Azhar scholar and to my certainty he translated her writings in Egypt an therefore the publisher base must be in Egypt. (correct me if i'm wrong).
Basically both Maria and Weil China are about the Ateism ideology but are expressed differ in style, background as well as time settings. Each novel has its own uniqueness and strength which can touch one's feeling when reading those, even if the translator is not using bombastic languange or writing style as Faisal Tehrani's or Zaid Akhtar's or any other well-known writers. As for me who is unrecognized and unqualified criticizer, I can simply say that the contents and the storylines of both novels are strong enough (of course with the help of some literally devices) to create such chef-d'oeuveres.
Apart from Emine's, I've also read "Hatiku Terluka Di Bukhara" by Wan Hashim Wan Teh which is truly captivating not because of its dry storyline, but the facts that are written in the book are very much beneficial and valuable for me although I'm no a Historical scholar, somehow I love history (depends on how it's delivered).
I believe it should be enough for now as I find that my entry is getting dryer.
--END--

Comments

Popular Posts